Company Code of Conduct
Timberyard Brewing Company affirms the right of all people to work and be served in an inclusive and supportive environment free of harassment or discrimination. We strive to foster an atmosphere that honors staff, customers, and vendors as valued members of our community. Our Code of Conduct reflects expectations for all staff, customers, and vendors while on company property, on company time, and at company-sponsored events.
Timberyard welcomes everyone to our space. Our commitment to respect extends to people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities, religions, physical appearances, body sizes, and cultures
We are committed to continuous quality improvement in every aspect of our business. Whether crafting beer, serving customers, or striving to dismantle prejudice and injustice, we value self-reflection and authentic growth that serves our community and all of its people. We will continue to listen to our community and evolve as we learn.
“The golden rule” is our standard for all interactions within our community. We expect all people to treat one another as they would wish to be treated.
Timberyard strives for a culture of transparency where feedback and suggestions can be shared openly. We expect staff and leadership to receive feedback with an open mind and without defensiveness, to acknowledge concerns, and strive to do better when problems are noted. Access to multiple reporting systems ensures that all staff has access to support for concerns.
These systems include:
- An Open Door policy to report concerns directly to supervisor
- An anonymous google form for staff to share concerns and suggestions.
- Access to an anonymous, third-party reporting system, Speakfully.
Timberyard commits to responding to all complaints and concerns in a timely and sensitive manner. We recognize that “all complaints may not rise to the level of harassment, but still communicate bias, perpetuate stereotypes, or emphasize stereotypes”.
Representatives of Timberyard are encouraged to address issues or seek support when concerns arise. Some issues may be resolved between individuals directly. We encourage everyone on our team, including staff and management, to be open-minded about feedback, listen respectfully and resolve to address and improve problematic behavior.
When additional support is needed, Timberyard’s leadership will respond to concerns appropriately and with awareness of the seriousness of the complaint or concern. We recognize the value in addressing smaller issues as one strategy to reduce or avoid more serious and persistent problems. Issues of greater severity will be addressed in accordance with employee policies outlined in the Employee Handbook, up to and including termination. We will not tolerate retaliation against staff who report concerns or cooperate with investigations.
Employees are expected to provide helpful, respectful, and discrimination-free service to our customers. Customers are also expected to treat staff and one other with respect. Management is available to support staff or customers if an issue arises in our taproom or offsite event. Customers who do not respect Timberyard’s Code of Conduct may be asked to leave the premises.
Should a customer encounter an issue or safety concern, staff are trained to provide support and seek assistance from the manager as appropriate. In an emergency situation, a discreet method for alerting staff is noted in the restrooms. Staff can also arrange safe transportation home through rideshare services.
Examples of behavior that will not be tolerated include but are not limited to:
- Verbal, physical, or written abuse or assault
- Illegal activity
- Belittling or subtle expressions of bias
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “*hug*” or “*backrub*”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats or incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
This Code of Conduct is a living document that will be shared with staff, customers and vendors and reviewed at least annually. Feedback and suggestions are welcome to further improve this document and Timberyard Brewing Company’s overall efforts to foster an inclusive and supportive environment.